Tuesday, August 10, 2010

l.a.


on sunday, evan and i went to the getty center.


we saw an exhibition of medieval manuscript illustrations of the old testament.

here's job on the dung heap:
yesterday, i had lunch with my friend maia and explored west hollywood.










i went to the west holywood farmers market and drank iced coffee while writing postcards.






today, i walked down abbot kinney and had crispy poached eggs with creamed spinach for brunch at 3 square cafe.

then i walked to venice beach


and said goodbye to evan, who was a wonderful host (thanks, evan!)


tonight, it's off to denver on the southwest chief.

3 comments:

  1. I love L.A. And I love Rachel. The combination of the two of you together makes it all even more awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow......I can almost hear the train wheels on the tracks.......your blog almost makes me feel like I'M traveling. And all these cafes.........I'm living vicariously. The links to the cafes are fun. And lastly, I'm jealous that you got to see the medieval manuscript illustrations- but so glad you took the time! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. crispy poached egg...? i expect a full texture and taste description when you return.

    ReplyDelete